Thursday, March 23, 2017

Holding Onto His Love!

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister. 1 John 4:8-21 NIV
When all is said done--no matter what else is going on in the world--we know we can count on His love to keep us going.

Taking a few minutes to reflect upon where I am and where I used to be--on a spiritual plane--on a daily basis--keeps me mindful of just how much He loves me. And since He is not a respecter of persons, I know He loves others just as much as loves me. After all, He loved the world so much, He died for us. Now, I try on a daily basis to demonstrate my love for Him, by living for Him and doing all He has instructed me to do.

I get no perverse pleasure out of seeing anyone humiliated for trying to do what's right, but I must admit--when justice is served upon those who commit crimes and seek to serve only their interests--I am not unhappy when evil is exposed for all to see.

The evil that exists in the WH is being exposed and only God knows the final outcome and while I wait for the conclusion of the matter, I'm spending time remembering just how much He loves me.
I know He loves me because I'm still here--still learning--and still loving even those who have shown themselves to be unlovable. There are some who might say, I don't know how to love others--especially since I've been so critical of 45 and his associates. I know how to love from afar--even though there is a severe distaste for his methods and ignorance, and it is because of love that I keep pointing out his shortcomings in hopes that someone, someday might make him aware of his condition and his destination--he's headed for the lake of fire, but if he's going to avoid it, he must learn to accept truth and speak truth.

People who love us will always tell us the truth whether we want to hear it or not. And they keep telling us truth (not their opinions) until we recognize truth for ourselves. God's Word is truth and nothing anyone ever says against it will change its truth. It doesn't matter whether some believe God or His Word--their belief doesn't change God's truth and it is His truth, I will continue to share with others.

"Oh how He loves you and me."
"Oh how He loves you and me."
"He gave His life, what more could He give. Oh how He loves you, Oh, how He loves me, Oh how He loves you and me."

He's loved me through all my ignorance (lack of knowledge about Him and His Word); loved me through sickness and pain; loved me through dealing with loss of loved ones; loved me through the anxiety of being an elder student and succeeding beyond my dreams; loved me through doubts and determination, and no matter what I do, or how far I fall short of being perfect, He reminds me, He still loves me.

In order to get through the next few months of uncertainty within our nation and what it will eventually mean for all, I'm going to hold onto His love--and look forward to seeing His purposes fulfilled in my life, no matter what.

And while I'm waiting, I'm going to continue to love and speak His truth.

living-gods-word

No comments:

Post a Comment