Thursday, September 21, 2017

Would Jesus Sacrifice Lives For Money?

All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drinkI was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” Matthew 25: 32-46 NIV
Okay, so which of these statements by Jesus can the pseudo-Christians use to justify their lack of empathy and compassion for the poor and the needy and vulnerable?

Those who care only about money and their donors and how much they might benefit from the “billionaires” like the Koch brothers, have essentially sold their souls to devil with their constituents as the leverage. Would Jesus really sacrifice lives for the sake of receiving money?

With the Graham/Cassidy Bill –designed to deprive over 30M people of healthcare, we see how much the GOP Senators care about money rather than saving lives. This is not the first time the Republican-Right-Wing-Religious hypocrites have shown their true colors and I’m sure it won’t be the last. However, healthcare is a right that should be accessible and available to all, whether they have pre-existing conditions or not; whether we are rich or not. If they truly want to do something about the rise of healthcare, they should start with the Insurance Industry but they won’t do that because most of the GOP are heavily invested in the industry and they’re making money, hand over fist and they’re not about to diminish their income. Again–it’s all about money and not about lives.

2bribe
I know people who are being treated for cancer, are diabetic, have heart conditions, children born with health challenges and special needs. Cutting $243B dollars out of the budget for healthcare is not a good move for anyone. Rather than move $700B dollars into the military budget–especially since the military pays exorbitant prices for the most basic of needs, they should reduce the military allowance, and put the money where it’s needed the most–education and healthcare–not a border wall.
I’m not the only one speaking out about this horrendous bill, there is much to research and learn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/graham-cassidy-bill-would-cut-funding-to-34-states-new-report-shows/2017/09/20/48741d92-9d58-11e7-9083-fbfddf6804c2_story.html?utm_term=.95957b90dfc9

http://www.businessinsider.com/graham-cassidy-health-care-obamacare-repeal-bill-funding-issue-2017-9

For those who insist upon believing Republicans care about the poor and needy, they prove they do not know Jesus and will not accept facts in order to make a decision, but will promote false propaganda for the benefit of a few.

We need elected officials who are making decisions for all to care about all.
Raising The Standards

No comments:

Post a Comment