Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Seek, Desire, and Receive

"...but they who seek the Lord shall not want (lack) any good thing." (Psalm 34:10)
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:4)

So the Word says, if I seek Him--look to Him for wisdom in all my decision making, I will not have any lack of any good thing--all my needs are met. And then, the Word says--When I choose to please Him, He will give me the desires (things I want, not need) of my heart.  Hmm!

If we are experiencing lack (need) in any area of our lives, perhaps we need to look and see what we're doing or attempting to do--without His guidance and direction.  Perhaps, we are attempting to please man more than God and we are not acquiring those things we want.  Perhaps.

When I look around the world and see the chaos and violence, hunger and hopeless--I have to wonder if God has forgotten people or have people forgotten God.

Lord, help us to remember Your Word that we might always please You and have abundant joy and love in our hearts to see need and are able to bless others, as You continue to bless us.  In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen!  And it is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment