Monday, March 2, 2015

An Open Letter!



Dear Hater Without A Reason:

I’ve heard that you don’t like me and never did. I also understand that you spend a great deal of time trying to persuade others to hate me as well. That’s not a problem for me, but I’d like to know how you can have such feelings for me, when you don’t even know me.

What did I ever do to you? What did I ever say to you that stirred such hatred?

Is your distaste of me because I have a brain and use it to amass knowledge and to create wonders with words?
Is your distaste of me because I am health conscious and care about how I look and feel?
Is your distaste of me because I’m not impressed with you?
Is your distaste of me because I am not dependent upon your limited knowledge?
Is your distaste of me because I know who I am in Christ and you’re still trying to figure it out?
Is your distaste of me because I remind you that you are not me?
Is your distaste of me because nothing you ever do will change who I am or what I’m capable of doing?
Is your distaste of me because I know how to love, unconditionally, even those who hate me and you don’t?

I am who I am because God determined it and I am living it, to His glory.

Are you living life to His glory? If that’s true, you don’t have room in your life to hold onto hatred towards me when I’ve done nothing to you or said anything about you or to you to warrant such strong emotion. If not true, then perhaps, you may need to reexamine your life and understand your own shortcomings before trying to lay them on someone else and ask God to help you overcome them.

Love,
The Object Of Your Distaste

No comments:

Post a Comment