Sunday, July 26, 2015

We Have A Reason To Praise Him!

"For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds."(Psalm 149:4,5 NIV)

No matter what happens in our lives on a daily basis, we can always find a reason to praise God. When He delights in us, He gives us favor--with Him and others. We have opportunities to share His love that we didn't think about and yet, every time we open our mouths or tap the keys on a keyboard or speak into a system that will type for us--we can encourage others to live, pleasing God and watching Him work in our lives.

Does this mean our lives will be perfect? Not hardly, but it means our lives will be meaningful.

Look up at the sky on a sunshiny day and praise God for the sun shining and seeing a blue sky, dotted with puffy white clouds.

If it's raining and all you do is to hear the thunder and see the lightning, praise God for hearing and sight.

If you wake in pain--praise Him for being able to feel the pain because some people can't feel anything.

If you don't have what you want to eat in the refrigerator, praise God for what you do have because some people, have nothing.

If you don't have the clothes you want to wear, praise God for something to cover your body; there are those who have nothing other than the rags they wear, daily.

If you don't have the kind of car you want to drive, praise God for having a car of any kind and the resources to keep it  moving.

If you don't have a car and have to catch a bus, praise God for the means to pay for the ride.

If you have to walk everywhere you go, praise God for legs that move when you want them to move.

If you don't have the type of job you want, praise God for the job you have or for what He's about to bless you with--always keeping your focus on Him and living to please Him.

If we tried--and for some it's really easy since they're never satisfied with their lot in life--we could complain about every aspect of our lives, but what would happen if we started praising God for what we have, instead of complaining for what we don't have?

Many of us don't have any more than we do because we have proven to God that we are not good stewards over what He has given so why would He give us more--to squander? Think about it! How many ways and how many times have you had an opportunity to do great things, but you chose not to try? We are not great or can do great things simply because we "think" about doing it--we actually have to get up and do--more than talk about it.

With every blog I write, every book idea I start, I keep at it because I'm trying to achieve something great in my effort to please God, by sharing what He gives me. Have I made it yet? I don't know, which is why I keep writing. When He stops talking to me, I'll stop having anything to say, but while I wait for Him to speak, I'm praising Him for using a little older lady like me, to share His goodness. Even though there are mornings when I think I'll give it up, I keep going because He keeps blessing me and I can hear the angels cheering me, "keep going, keep going, it's not over yet."

Yes, we have a reason to praise Him--and all we have to do is look around us or look within us to know what it is. Our God is an awesome God and I praise Him, just because He is who He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment