Tuesday, February 16, 2016

When My Help Is Near!

On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:6-8 NIV
When I lay down, no matter how tired, I remember how I made it through the day and thank God for being with me all day. When I wake up in the morning, no matter how often I have restless sleep, I thank God for waking me.

He is my help--always near--always watching over me--always speaking to my heart (when I'm listening, I obey), and always ready to propel me into the next challenge.

Who am I that God cares so much? I am His child, His very special daughter, created to praise Him and do great things in His name. I am the child who the enemy attempted to destroy so many times--before I reached a place of understanding who He is and what He means to me--afterwards to keep me silent and not promote the Gospel.

But here I am and no matter what happens, I will proclaim the name of The Lord to any and all who will hear as long as I can breathe on my own. And even when I'm gone, my books shall continue to speak a word of encouragement to the reader and lead them to The Word. Some days are tougher than others, but there has yet to be a sunrise or breaking day in which I didn't give Him praise for loving me and keeping me.

When I depended upon others, I was disappointed; but when I depend on God, He always sends the right person into my life--one He has spoken to and is obedient. My help--is God speaking what He desires into existence and He always uses people to accomplish what He wants. It's not that we should depend upon people, but our trust and dependence should be on God who will then speak to others on our behalf. What a wonderful God He is!

So when we get frustrated and upset about who is not coming to our assistance we need to realize that it is not people--especially those we think will help--but those to whom God speaks who will help.  
Our focus at all times should be on God, hearing and obeying--especially when He speaks to us to help someone else--because He will speak to us to help, just like He'll speak to others to help us. Are we listening?

When we hear God speak to us to be a help to others, we should respond just as quickly as we would want others to respond to our needs. God is not a respecter of persons, so He'll use us to help others as well as using others to help us. We are all His Children and we are joint-heirs with Jesus Christ so we all have access to His goodness through our obedience to Him. This is what happens when my Help is near--what about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment