Sunday, March 20, 2016

Rejoicing In The Lord!


Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe.Philippians 3:1 NKJV
Considering the magnitude of faults we can find within our society and the people who flaunt their ungodliness, I feel the need to do something--say something--different, today.

Today, is my birthday and normally I don't make a big deal over the day I was born, but I'm acknowledging that I am only still here--because of the Love of Jesus, poured into my heart.

Every year that I see another day that marks the anniversary of my birth, is a bonus year--since there was a time I thought I'd never see 50. That's what happens when Christ is not in our lives--we don't expect to see or enjoy life for a long period of time. Now, that I know Him for myself--my life expectancy has increased and I am thanking God for the opportunity to see the age of 95. If He wants to grant me more, I'll take it.

Some have asked me-why 95? It took me so long to come into the fold that I need some extra time to do what I've been called to do. As long as I know Jesus walks with me, I know I can do it. I didn't know He was walking with me before my eyes were opened, but now, I KNOW--not just believe--and I can rejoice in the knowledge!

Enjoy your day--rejoicing in the knowledge that you are loved and never alone.

To God be the glory--praising Him for all He has done in my life and will do on a daily basis! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment