Wednesday, June 15, 2016

No Matter What, He's Still Lord!




O LORD, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth! Psalm 8:9 NKJV
"O Lord, how excellent, how excellent, how excellent, is thy name!" A line from the lyrics of a worship song, aligned with The Word, is ringing in my heart today. When all of the depressing news--we need to remind ourselves of the excellence of our Lord, especially when the events that unfold around us, don't make sense.

I have prayed, seeking understanding, and none has come forth. The Lord has reminded me that we don't have to understand all that happens, but we must trust Him. Though my heart tends to sag, just a little, I can and I will allow Him to minister to me through His Word and the melodic tunes of worship that cause my lips to utter praises unto Him.

This then is how we handle the atrocious acts of hatred and bigotry and just dire tragedy. We don't always understand why a loving God would allow some things to happen, but we must remember that He is the same God--from centuries ago--the God who allowed His chosen to be enslaved, but freed them according to His time-table. The God who allowed children to be massacred, in order for His plans to unfold.

I must reiterate this one point--God allows some things to happen, He does not cause them. Acts of hatred and bigotry are caused by the people who commit the acts; especially when they have no fear of God. They have the same "free will" as the rest of us and God doesn't force anyone do anything.  Tragedies occur for a myriad of reasons, most of which I do not understand, but have learned that God knows best.

No, we don't always understand why God allows things to happen, but we must remember--He has a plan and His plan will be fulfilled.

So perhaps, part of His plan for us right now is to remember--just how excellent He is and to know, we can find comfort in His Word when we allow Him to minister to our hearts.

Now, we can sing songs of worship acknowledging Him for who He is and songs of praise acknowledging all His mighty acts and goodness shown to us. Though it may be difficult to understand His goodness and mercy at the point of grief and despair, we will overcome and be stronger for it. Our God is truly amazing and He will never abandon us--whose hope is in Him, no matter how things look.

I'm gonna praise Him! I'm just gonna praise Him! He is still Lord of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment