Wednesday, June 8, 2016

On This Journey--Let Passion Drive!

“Now it happened, as I journeyed and came near Damascus at about noon, suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me. “And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?’ “So I answered, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said to me, ‘I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.“So I answered, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said to me, ‘I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.  “So I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ And the Lord said to me, ‘Arise and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed for you to do.’ Acts 22:6-10 NKJV
Most of us know Paul's testimony about his trip to Damascus to persecute followers of Christ--how his encounter with Jesus--changed him and established a clear path for all who followed Jesus.

From persecutor to champion of the cause--from Saul to Paul--God's grace on his journey in life was due to his passion.

Now, the same grace that saved Paul and put him on the path to securing solidarity for the Body of Christ is available to all who are willing to receive. Much has been said about Paul's conversion, but perhaps the most important thing that any of us need to know is this--in order to be effective at doing anything--passion must drive us!

Paul (as Saul) was taught by the masters of Jewish faith in the law--he understand better than most what the law said, but it wasn't until his encounter with Jesus--contact with The Living Word--that he learned to apply what he thought he knew. At the point of his conversion to knowing how God wants us to treat us, he changed--the scales of blindness came off and he clearly saw how The Law kept people in bondage, making a mockery of a faith they claimed to be in God.

Are we religious or are we Believers in the Most High God? Have we allowed religious traditions to hinder passion for true belief and action on our part? Are willing to have an encounter with Jesus--The Living Word--to set us on the right path--a path destined with challenges and victories? Are we ready for the journey of a lifetime--promoting the Gospel of Jesus Christ with our conduct and not just our words?

The journey--may have it's ups and downs, but if we remain faithful to Him, He will be faithful to us and accomplish all He has put our hearts to do. This journey called life--has not really been lived until we are living it for The Lord! What is your passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment