Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Speaking What Is Right!

Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice? At the highest point along the way, where the paths meet, she takes her stand; beside the gate leading into the city, at the entrance she cries aloud: To you, O people, I call out; I raise my voice to all mankind. You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, set your hearts on it. Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right. My mouth speaks what is true for my lips detest wickedness. All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse. To the discerning all of them are right; they are upright to those who found knowledge. Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies and nothing you desire can compare with her. Proverbs 8:1-11 NIV
Before we get too far into the meat of this text--this is not going to be an exegesis of this segment of Proverbs, but it is fitting to note, just how apropos it is for the following promotion of my potential candidacy in 2020.

For the last few months, if not longer, most who read my blog know, I'm exploring a run for President in 2020. I've talked to a number of people--some who think it's a great idea and some who don't; I've run online surveys to get a sense of the issues that concern most people; I've participated in marches and will continue to do so; I've researched state requirements to get on the ballot in all 50 states; I'm participating in training sessions to get it right, and getting more involved in my community so I'll know I'm speaking on behalf of the people and not myself.

For the next year or so, until June 2019, I'll be working on putting together a coalition of Everyday Americans who want to see significant changes in Washington and are willing to work for it to happen. We'll have to cover a lot of territory and as of this writing, I have yet to attempt to raise funds for a campaign. I am cautiously optimistic that when the time comes; we will have presented and promoted such a dynamic case of why I should be in the White House, money will come so we can turn things around and reclaim our position as leaders to the world. I'm convinced we can do this and the world will think better of us.

However, I want the masses to make that decision, not me. I believe in me and I want others to believe in me, too. So watch for all the updates on www.facebook.com/YesIAm2020 and my tweets @educatormary on Twitter. I encourage comments because I want to know what's on your mind. I will respond to legitimate, serious comments, questions as quickly as I can. I will not respond or react to hateful, bigoted, misogynistic rhetoric because that would be a waste of my time, talent, and wisdom. 

For what it's worth, I will not lower my standards or values to interact with people who simply want to disdain, malign or belittle others--for any reason--and especially not because some--are simply bigoted racists. Am I perfect? Not hardly. A friend of mine coined a phrase that I'll use often (I told her I would); I am flawed with fortitude in my commitment and passion to make a real difference in this country that will benefit all.

Are you ready? If so, don't hesitate to join us in being the change we need to make this a better world, while we can.





Watch my "practice" video and for updates that will be forthcoming.

https://youtu.be/YXiLWTc8wy8 

No comments:

Post a Comment