Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Only Those Who Follow, Know!

"Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:25-27 NIV)

Why is this same debate still strong today? For the same reason it was debated then--if we don't follow Jesus, we cannot know who He is or that He is God and that He and the Father are one in purpose.

Trying to explain Jesus to people who have not submitted themselves to understanding by knowing The Word or having a relationship with God is pointless. Basically, those who debate or attempt to debate belief in Jesus are simply trying to undermine those who do. For those who have questions and genuinely want to know, their hearts are open to hear and understand. These are those who yet have a heart of flesh and not of stone. Flesh can be molded and shaped, while stone is resistant and knowledge simply bounces off or causes the stone to shatter into pieces and the pieces are ground into sand.

God does not want us to be ground into the dirt, broken without knowledge. He wants us to know Him, but the choice is ours. We can live the abundant life He plans for us or we can be shattered and lost in our unbelief. It's up to us.

And while some may say--"I'll give my life to Jesus tomorrow," tomorrow might be too late. Today, while you yet have a chance to open your heart to Him and hear Him say, "I love you and want only the best for you while on you're here earth and for you to live with me for all eternity when life on earth ends." Today, while there is breath in your body is the time to choose! Choose life because only those who follow Him, will know Truth at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment