Saturday, January 3, 2015

Don't Be Led Astray!

"No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous." (1 John 3:6,7 NIV)

Now that I have time to think about things in my life, I often remember some of my mother's responses to things when I questioned her judgment. When I tried to make a case for her to change her mind about something by saying, "Everyone else is going or doing something," she'd remark, "If they all jumped off the bridge, would you go?" That sounded like such a silly question to me--then--of course I wouldn't jump off a bridge just because everyone else did. But now, her response makes a lot of sense.

When everyone else is saying that "sin is not sin" any more, I know better. I don't have to go along with everyone else; I'm not jumping off that bridge.  I am not a lemming!

That's exactly what people are doing when they go along with the PC group (politically correctness) that declares that God didn't really mean what He said. For those who declared they knew Him and yet have this stance--they lied. And we have the proof in His Word. No one can say they know God and yet willfully sin against Him or live in opposition to His Word. Don't take my word for it--read it for yourselves.  In fact, read The Word, pray and meditate about what you read, then repent and move into fellowship with Jesus and be made whole by hearing Holy Spirit when He speaks!

Don't allow the enemy or anyone who has been influenced by the enemy to lead you astray--away from Truth in God's Word. When He appeared upon the earth in the likeness of flesh--Jesus--did not re-define sin, He opened the way for us not to sin and directs our pathway to heaven by the work on the cross. Are we going to make His sacrifice for us--pointless?

Choose to live according to His Word, not allowing anyone to lead you astray. If they want to jump off the bridge, let them go by themselves. If I'm the only one left--who will not support living in opposition to God's Word--then I'll be the only one left--I will not allow the enemy to lead me astray--off the path of righteousness!

God yet honors those who promote Truth and obey His Word! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment