Thursday, January 8, 2015

Set Apart!

"Know that the LORD has set apart his faithful servant for himself; the LORD hears when I call to him." (Psalm 4:3 NIV)

Believers--who are faithful to God--have been set apart to do His bidding in all manner of settings. Most think that it is the "church" who has been set apart and if we understand that the Body of Believers is "the church" then that would be true. However, many people confuse the Body of Believers with the "physical building" which can do nothing apart from those who work within.

But let's beyond that. Every individual Believer has indeed been set apart by God to do a specific work and the work is different for everyone. Some have been set apart to be prophets, apostles, evangelists, pastors or teachers. Some have been set apart to be worshippers. Some are set apart to be praisers. Some are set apart to show compassion and consideration to all. Some are set apart to serve--in whatever capacity there is a need. And some--have been set apart--to learn and live before others--their faith, without doubting.

We've all been set apart to do something that promotes the Gospel of Jesus Christ. No position within the building is more important than another and the sooner, church leaders understand this, the sooner we'll see growth in attendance--when people know--all are important and respected.

We are not set apart to lord who we are over others. We are set apart to be the key used to bring them into the kingdom of God, not our own personal kingdoms where we reign and not God.

What have you been set apart to do? The calling on my life to pastor and teach His Word is ever-present, no matter where I go. I preach and teach online, as well as pray and counsel, and live my faith daily. No, I'm not perfect, but I'm open to hearing Holy Spirit when He speaks. I acknowledge my faults (impatience, primarily) and strive to do better. As long as He is working on me to get things right, I know I am loved and valued by Him.

I am set apart--to bring others into the knowledge of the Most High God, His great love for us, demonstrated by the work on the cross, and the hope we have in Him for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment