Saturday, January 31, 2015

Why Faith in God? Part 6

“What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?” In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:14,17,18, 26 NIV)

If we claim to have faith, but never do anything with it. what is the point of the proclamation?

I have presented my perspective on this subject previously, but it warrants a second look.

For the person who says, "I will lose 50 pounds this year" and never changes their dietary habits or physical exercise, how are they going to lose weight? They won't and then they'll complain about being overweight.

The same is true for the person who excitedly says they're going to get a promotion on their job, but they never do anything beyond their current job requirements--they take no initiative to do anything, and sit twiddling their thumbs when they have finished doing their work.

How about the person who is confident of even getting a job because of their faith and prayer life, but they never apply for a job?

We can proclaim a lot of things, but until we actually "do" something, we bind God's hands to move us forward. Not too long ago, a person on Twitter (Bart) became upset with me and my faith in thanking God for the 1 + million plus readers that I asked for over a year ago. Those who follow me on Twitter know that I promote my books daily, I am constantly writing and uploading books as I am inspired. I have written various genres ranging from Christian Living, Christian Romance, Fantasy for kids, Contemporary Fiction, Informational texts, poetry, and a murder/mystery. Why? I have faith in God--writing is one of the gifts He has given me (teaching is the other) and I am wearing it out--to His glory, to inspire, inform, and entertain in a Godly manner.

And it is because I believe that He will do what He said He would do--I keep writing and keep thanking Him for the 1 + million plus readers. He is speaking to the hearts of people and they are reading my books. Now, when I'll actually see the 1 + million readers is on Him, not me. But I know, I it will happen--on His timeline, not mine. Thank You, Lord for hearing and answering prayer and making a way for all Your promises to be fulfilled. Hallelujah!

So, if it takes writing another fifty books before the 1 + million plus readers are reading my books, then I guess I'm going to be pretty busy for the next five years or more to accomplish the goal that is set before me. I am doing, what I have faith to believe is going to happen. That's the only way, things happen. Our actions must match our faith and when it does, God honors our faith--for we know, without faith, we cannot please Him.

Part 7 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment