Saturday, June 20, 2015

Changing Our Society by Receiving God's Love!

"My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity." (Proverbs 3:1,2 NIV)

From a father to son and daughter,
Keeping us from Satan's slaughter,
Teaching us to remember and obey,
Walking in God's favor, night and day.

When we learn to adhere to the sound teaching of parents and God, we have a promise we can rely upon for long life, peace, and prosperity. If we look around at our society today, it would appear that not many have remembered anything worthwhile and obedience to sound teaching is not evident--anywhere.

But notice where we have to start--remembering what we were taught and keeping those sound teachings and instructions in our heart. If our heart is receptive to instruction and guidance, we will do what love does--obey. If our heart is hardened and we reject sound teachings, then hatred takes the place of love and all the forces of hell, break loose upon a society that refuses to hear and obey.

With the recent passing of the oldest woman in American, at 116 years-old, I wonder if she credited her long life with remembering the things she was taught by her parents and obeying. Her long life appears to be a testament of obedience--but I don't know that for a fact. What I do know is God is not slack to keep His promises to all who obey and He is not a man that He should lie.

If we want to see a change in our society, we must see a change in what people are keeping in their hearts and what they are teaching their children. Parents must learn to give their children righteous, sound instruction. Children must learn to obey and not rebel. We must all learn to receive God's love and allow it to overflow in our hearts.

For where love is, hatred doesn't stand a chance. Where love is--people are respected and given consideration. Where love is--we all seek to assist all who are in need. Where love is--we honor God and keep all His commands--to love Him and love others. Where love is--there is peace and no confusion.

I would love to see and experience for the rest of my days--love being the guiding force in our society so I can live the rest of my days in peace. I would love to see children obeying their parents and parents loving and teaching their children to do what is right. I would love to see all saved and walking in God's favor. I would love to see people living in the reverential fear of God and negating all of Satan's influence. I would love to see it, but unless something drastic happens in the minds and hearts of people, my desire may not be obtained, but it won't stop me from seeking God's Wisdom in all things.

We can stop all the madness in our society and the lack of respect and value for life. All we have to do is receive God's love to overflowing and allow it flow onto others, remembering all He has taught and keeping His commands.

No comments:

Post a Comment