Saturday, April 30, 2016

Everything Serves a Purpose!

I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy burden God has laid on mankind! I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened; what is lacking cannot be counted. I said to myself, “Look, I have increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge.”Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.  Ecclesiastes 1:13-18 NIV
Some days, no matter how much we want to see the "point" of what we do, it simply escapes us.
After a great start on a rainy day, yesterday, the enemy made himself known and though I retained my composure and restrained from reacting to a situation until I could get a better handle on it, I understand--some things that happen are just meaningless and have no point.

Therefore, I will attempt to search deeper to find the meaning that I am obviously missing since I don't believe that things happen for no reason. Actually, I know exactly why things happened the way they did--it was the written proclamation and exhortation to prayer so we might all see changes in our society.

And just like that--it occurs to me that what I wrote yesterday frightened the enemy into action, hoping to silence me. Well, not a chance!

Thank You, Holy Spirit for revealing understanding even though I thought there was no point in what happened. There is always a point--some meaning--sometimes hidden, but worth seeking.
Hallelujah! I'm on the right track or the enemy wouldn't bother putting obstacles in my way.

Now, I understand and will continue this journey with gladness--no frowns, just smiles, and joy in my heart for the peace I have been given in order to keep moving forward. This just proves that even when we think--the events in our lives are meaningless--when we seek God, He shows us just how relevant everything that happens to us--really is.

My help comes from The Lord and nothing the enemy ever does will stop me from proclaiming God's goodness--from the rooftops and the valleys--in the streets and in the classroom, wherever I go, He goes and when I allow Him to show out--He does! Glory!

No weapon formed against us shall ever prosper and though we may feel defeated for the moment, victory in Jesus is still ours! Looking to Jesus for all we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment