Sunday, February 26, 2017

Let The Lord Lead!

Listen to my words, LORD, consider my lament. Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness; with you, evil people are not welcome. The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong; you destroy those who tell lies. The bloodthirsty and deceitful you, LORD, detest. But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence I bow down toward your holy temple. Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies— make your way straight before me. Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with malice. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongues they tell lies.Declare them guilty, O God! Let their intrigues be their downfall. Banish them for their many sins, for they have rebelled against you.But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.  Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield. Psalm 5 NIV
Is the Lord leading our already great nation? Too many (without express guidance from God) are saying that God is using Trump to bring people back to Him! Does God need to use deceitful tactics to bring awareness of who He is? Does God need to take "choice" from us to bring people to Him?

If that was the plan (and I sincerely doubt it), it's not working. More people are turning away from those bastions of religious ardor than ever before. In fact, the attitude of a number of people is borderline hatred for anyone claiming to be a Christian. I was told that I couldn't be a Democrat and a Christian. When I asked the person who said this, "why not" they responded by saying Democrats don't believe in the bible.

NEWSFLASH! From what I see of Republican behavior, they are the ones who don't believe in the Bible. Oh sure, they "select" a few talking points to justify what they do, but the bible should not be used for talking points, but righteous living before God. If a person spewing forth cherry-picked scriptures are not living The Word, what they say means absolutely nothing. They are not letting The Lord lead them anywhere other than to "seize opportunities to control the masses," just like the Pharisees.

The more I talk to Believing Christians (not the pseudo-Christians--who profess a form of godliness, but know not God), the more I realize that people are running from those who claim to be Christians but don't want to love others.

Let me see if I can make a case what I see and believe (based upon The Word). The first thing I look at in The Word is knowing what I'm supposed to do--Love God and love others.  God gives each of us the right to choose what we do and He honors our choices--and leaves us to receive the consequences of our choices--good or bad. This is why I am Pro-Choice (which does not mean I am pro-abortion as some are saying--promoting the lie that a person cannot be pro-choice and a Christian).

According to The Word--Christians are to defend the rights of the poor and the needy, those who are vulnerable and don't have a platform to fight for themselves. I have been involved with non-profits and in volunteering for many years--making sure the rights of others are not trampled and that they have access to what they need. This is the Christian walk--always considering the needs of others above self. Do we see that from Republicans or the rats scurrying around the White House?

Do I love God? More than life itself and have enjoyed serving Him. If He called me home right now, I would not be concerned about His final words to me for I know, I'll hear, "Well done."

How do I know this? I say what God says and do what He tells me to do. When I allow Him to lead, I cannot go wrong. Does He always take the road I'd like to take? No, and I often wonder why I can't go the way I want to go. I can--He doesn't force us to do anything nor does He make choices for us. He has planned our lives (Jeremiah 23:11) and if we want to obtain what He has planned, we must believe Him and follow His directions, not man's.

How about loving others? Not a problem--I know how to love because of the love He pours into my heart--unconditionally, even the unlovable. That doesn't mean that I like what others do or condone lifestyles that are not of God. I discovered a long time ago that we encourage people to come to Christ by how we treat them, not by preaching them into hell. Christ loves the sinner--so can I--but I don't become a sinner to show them Christ; I live what I say I believe. If people don't want to change who they are or what they do--they won't and that's not on me. My responsibility ends with my representation of who Christ is, not whether they accept and believe it.

And herein lies the problem with the "representation" of who He is by Republicans who promote a liar-in-chief. Many who have straddled the fence in coming to terms with Christianity have now chosen the other side--alongside the non-believers and atheists because they want no part of "Christianity" as demonstrated by pseudo-christians. I refuse to be a hypocrite, listen to them or support them since they lie to themselves and others about who they are.

That is truly the sad part. When people have an opportunity to demonstrate the love of Christ, they have chased people away with their attacks and delusional beliefs that God would choose a mentally incompetent pathological liar to lead millions of people--into total chaos, pulling apart families, making people fearful and obstructing justice to try to keep their wrong-doings hidden. That doesn't sound like the God of Heaven to me and it certainly doesn't demonstrate who He is.

Fortunately for me and a number of others, we won't have to answer to God for this folly when we stand before Him. On a daily basis, I seek The Lord for guidance and implore Him to help me get through another day, without resorting to the tactics I see from others. That does not mean I won't use every avenue open to me to point out the hypocrisy of those in leadership positions or to let them know--they lie and mislead and we see it. I thank God for Him keeping my words--civil (just barely, but He does rein me in) so I don't come across as a hypocrite.

My criticism of those in White House and on Capitol Hill is justified and needed in order to bring them to a place where if they never respond to me or others; they will not be able to stand before God and say, "they didn't realize they were wrong." There are a number of us who remind them on a daily basis that what they're doing is wrong. We can't make them do right, but we can keep letting them know just how wrong they are and we do.

Whenever anyone attempts to violate a person's rights--in Christ or according to the Constitution, they are wrong.  Using bullying tactics and deceitful strategies and bribery to get others to do what they want is wrong. Separating families who have committed no crimes and just want the opportunity to have a better life is wrong. Yeah, yeah, I know there is a "legal" way to obtain entrance into this country, but desperate people often do desperate things in order to save the lives of their family--especially when children are involved. So what happened to "defending the rights of the poor and needy?" With those who love Christ and have more love to share with others, we're doing just that. It's the others--the pseudo-christians--who are not being led by The Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment