Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Staying Focused!

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.Only let us live up to what we have already attained. Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do.For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Philippians 3:14-21 NIV
At some point in time, we all need to take stock of our surroundings, pay attention to what's important and determine within ourselves--to not let the menial incidents to distract us or keep us off focus.

If our focus is to live for Christ and live as He desires us to live--we cannot ignore the plight of those who are less fortunate than we are, nor can we ignore the attempts of those in positions of authority to demean or belittle others. All lives are important to God--Black, White, Asian, Latino, Brown, Red--no matter what a person believes or how they worship--we are important to Him. Since we are important to Him--we cannot sit back and allow mere human beings to disdain God's plans for us for the sake of keeping political campaign promises that denigrate other human beings.

Therefore, as along as the current administration attempts to create hostile environments for others, we will continue to keep him aware of his shortcomings and fight for the rights of others to live in a safe, fearless environment.

Though I have yet to attend a march in protest of the decisions being made for others, I look forward to being in Washington in a couple of months. My presence in itself may not change a thing, but historically, it will change the way people view autocracy and it will certainly be a bookmark in my life, being on the right side of history, not the infamy of those who only had plans to lift themselves.

On a daily basis, I seek The Lord to see what He would have me say and I can say without doubt, that He is continually overseeing all I do to His glory and not my own. For I know, there is no glory I can seek for myself, but I can do all I can to encourage others to never give in to tyranny or a tyrant. So, my focus--on today like many other days, will to be make phone calls to legislators, tweet them, email them--doing whatever I can to make sure our voices are heard and to make a way for those who are living in fear--to know peace.

I pray all like-minded will join the battle against injustice and white privilege that allows others to feel superior to those who don't look like them. I remind all--especially those pseudo-christians who think that Jesus was white--to learn the geography of the region in which He was born, read The Word with a pure heart and open mind and know--that God does not discriminate against a person because of skin tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment