Saturday, December 2, 2017

Robber Barons



Dear Congressional GOP:

After you voted to pass the tax bill that no one had read this morning, I think we can safely conclude you are indeed--21st Century Robber Barons--along with your wealthy donors and lobbyists.
Robber-Baron--an American capitalist of the latter part of the 19th century who became wealthy through exploitation (as of natural resources, governmental influence, or low wage scales) (Merriam-Webster definition).

You have decided that appeasing your donors was more important that representing your constituents (60% of whom were against this bill) which means among other things, you cannot claim to represent your constituents and we can claim "taxation without representation" since you ignored the calls and letters submitted by Americans. That means, a tax revolt--the foundation on which this country was founded--revolting against evil.

Before you attempt to take the high road, let me remind all of the hypocrites who claim to be Christians, yet know not Christ. How do I know you don't know Christ? Because Christ would not promote or support--ever--abandoning the poor and needy. In fact, we are told in The Word of God to defend the rights of the poor and needy. "Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." (Proverbs 31:9) But I guess the only time you open your bible is to just read, not understand or to lift a scripture out to quote to those gullible enough to believe you belong to Christ. If you cannot do Christianity, don't wear the label--it makes you a hypocrite.

Would Christ concern Himself with providing tax relief for those who own private airplanes or golf courses?

Would Christ tax scholarships for students trying to further their education so they can be more productive in society?

Would Christ eliminate funding sources that inhibit access to affordable healthcare for the poor and leave those without health insurance to die from inability to continue treatment for terminal illnesses?

Would Christ ignore the very basic principle or tenet of Christianity--loving all--unconditionally?

Would Christ eat in abundance and live lavishly while others went hungry?

Would Christ build a wall to hinder those seeking shelter and safety from doing so?

I suggest, strongly, dear Republican Hypocrites that you have never read what Jesus said in Matthew 25:33-45 in any version of a bible. Therefore, let me remind you by publishing it in this letter and perhaps you and your staffers (hope they make more than $75K a year or you may see a revolt) can meditate upon the meaning and then read from a version of your choosing.
He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ Matthew 25:33-45 NIV
When you stand before God on Judgment Day, what will you hear Him say? "Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' Matthew 7:23 or "“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'" Matthew 25:23

I live my life as a Christian--doing the label and not just wearing it--and I know when I stand before Him I shall hear, "Well done!"

You have time to change your course, but since you are arrogant and believe you're right, you won't. I would say, I would pray for you, but then, that would dishonor God's Word when He told Jeremiah--“So do not pray for this people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you." Jeremiah 7:16 NIV You might want to read the first 15 verses for context and understanding. Fits all of you!

So, believe this: I will do everything in my power to persuade, cajole, encourage, convince voters across the country to stop believing the Republican lies and to turn the country Blue in 2018 elections and 2020 elections! You see because in the Word of God, the Democrats are the righteous since we do what The Word says do and you are on the goats on the left--defying His Word to support your greed and corruption.  You are indeed--the epitome of a Robber Baron operating in the 21st Century as an appendage of your lobbyists.  Never again!

Sincerely,

Mary Hall-Rayford

#Resisting and Deterring the evil of the Republican Tribalism
do no harm public policyPolitical philos2

No comments:

Post a Comment