Monday, June 24, 2013

Resting In Jesus!

There are times when life gets so busy that we cannot think clearly because we're trying to do so much!

Have you ever noticed that the more you attempt to do at one time, the greater the likelihood that mistakes will be made and you'll have to go back and fix things?

There is an old adage that states, "haste makes waste" and it is still relevant today.

I have discovered that if I attempt to do things in a hurry, without taking my time, I'm more prone to mess it up and have to go back and redo it or start all over again.  What I'm trying to do now is to learn how to rest in Jesus, so I can start with a clear mind--no cobwebs, no distractions, and can see clearly everything that must be done before me.  When I finish, I make an attempt to review what I've done so I can assure myself that everything is right; especially since I hate re-doing anything because it is so time consuming.

At any rate--let's try harder to do it right the first time--so we won't have to re-visit anything.  We can do this when we learn to rest in Jesus, trust Him with all our heart, soul, and mind and stop leaning on our own understanding.  Rest in Him and see everything with clarity!

No comments:

Post a Comment