Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thirsty Thursday!

"Blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness!"

How thirsty are you today?

Since I have known and understood God's calling on my life, I have had a deep-seated desire to know and understand His Word and how He expects me to live.

I had a hunger in me to understand that would not be satisfied with just reading the Bible.  I spent countless hours in the public library researching history and terminology so I could get a better handle on what the Bible was saying.  I prayed incessantly--asking and thanking God for revelation and inspiration.  I never felt bloated or filled with knowledge, and never really satisfied with what I knew; I always felt like there was more to know and I still feel that way.

Thirst--that feeling one gets when there is a need to quench dryness.  Depending on what's going on, water won't always quench a thirst.  Soda pops won't always quench a thirst.  Alcoholic beverages won't quench a thirst.  Coffee and tea won't quench all thirsts. Our gathering of knowledge won't always quench the thirst to know more.  This is why Jesus said we are blessed when we hunger and thirst after "righteousness."  In other words, we can never be satisfied when we are still hungry and thirsty to know more about God.  When people reach a place in their lives when they are no longer hungry or thirsty to know about God and how He wants us to live, they are closing the door on their own blessings.

Lord Jesus, I stand before You today, hungry and thirsty to know more of You and in how to become more like You. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment