Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Whose Child Are You?

"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—" (John 1:12 NIV).

We are the children of the Most High God; Jesus is our elder brother, we are joint-heirs with Him--when we receive and believe the work on the cross He did for us. Hallelujah!

We have rights--the right to believe every one of God's promises is for us and receive them; we have the right to expect Him to hear every one of our prayers and respond; we have a right to proclaim His name in promoting the Gospel; we have a right to be heard in our proclamation, but the children of Belial also have rights.

They have the right to reject everything God has said, reject the work on the cross, deny themselves the right to receive God's promises and the right to cut off any possible ties that would lead to a relationship with God. They have a right to lie, steal, kill, deceive, and destroy. They have a right to mimic their daddy. They have a right to reject the proclamations of Jesus Christ and they have a right to choose their place of rest for all eternity, as do we.

For the over thirty years, I have been exercising my rights as a child of the Most High.  I have encountered many obstacles, but He has created triumph out of trials. He has made me victorious when I could have been victimized. His love has sustained me  and lifted me when love could not be found in other people. His Word has encouraged me when others would not speak to me. I have a right to do all that I have seen my Daddy do. I have a right to proclaim His goodness and Praise Him everywhere I go. I am His Child and He is my Daddy--The Greatest Father Ever Known! Hallelujah!

Whose child are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment