Monday, November 18, 2013

Never Tired or Asleep!

"Behold, He who keeps Israel, Shall neither slumber nor sleep" (Psalm 121:4 NKJV).

How comforting these words are! I can only imagine how the Israelites must have felt during those times--knowing that God would never all asleep on them--always alert.

This morning, after having a restless night of sleep; awake at 1:27 a.m., 3:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m., I did not hear my phone alarm at 5:30 a.m. Subsequently, we woke up late, running to make sure my grandson was on time for school. I hate waking up late. It tends to do something to my day that is usually not very productive. But I'm really thankful for my husband and God. My husband because he woke up at 6:35 a.m. and alerted me that I was sleeping late and to God for allowing me to get up at all!

Have we gotten tired of doing what God has told us to do? Have we fallen asleep at the wheel of obedience? I was tired until I read this verse of scripture. Just knowing that God is never tired or asleep, gives me the energy I need to go about my day and make sure that it is productive in every way.

What I realize from this morning is that none of us are exempt from getting a little tired now and then, or having a restless night. The enemy wants us tired, too tired to put on our war clothes and battle on. Well, I've got my war clothes on this morning, even though this blog is late being posted, I'm ready--my mind is made up, my heart and spirit are aligned with the Word of God, and I've been infused with renewed power by Holy Spirit and I'm ready for the fight! Are you?

Don't get tired and weary and sleep through all that God has planned for you. It's never too late to get started--trust Him--who never gets tired or sleeps--He's watching over us at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment