Thursday, January 23, 2014

Servant of Christ!

"For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ" (Galatians 1:10 NASB).

The questions Paul asked about himself then-centuries ago, are applicable to us, now in the 21st Century. Are seeking the favor men or God. Are we trying to please men (think about the concept of being politically correct when it comes to God's Word)? If we are trying to please men, we most assuredly cannot please God and we would not be servants of Christ.

Very simply put--servants do what their masters desire. If Christ is our Master then we should seek to please Him. If man is our master, then we know why there is confusion in the land because man's thinking is fickle and ever-changing, while Christ does not change His mind about what is right or Godly.

Now before we lose sight of who we are, we need to think about whose we are and spend some time with the master of our fate. Personally, I choose to spend time with The Lord, seeking how I can please Him. For when I please Him, I have rest in my soul and do not worry about those things which I cannot control. God tells me in His Word that when I please Him, He'll give me the desires of my heart. Therefore, I submit to the guidance of The Lord, as His humble servant.

Take the time and think about who it is you are trying to please and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment