Thursday, February 27, 2014

It's Me O Lord!

"It's me, it's me, it's me O Lord, standing in the need of prayer."

This song, learned many years ago, rose in my spirit this morning and it gave me pause to think. I spend a great deal of time praying for others--for situations--in their lives and on personal and global levels. When I started singing this song (in my spirit), I realized that I need prayer, too. So, if you feel the same way I do, this post is dedicated to you, too.

Father, in the name of Jesus,
I wake up each morning with gratitude, thanking You for all You have done.
I study Your Word and listen carefully to hear You speak, before I write one word
To be published, in an effort to teach, share and encourage.
I make sure that others know that I'm praying with and for them,
On a daily basis, and never ignore a request for prayer when I see it.
But Lord, sometimes the burden gets so heavy, that I become weak
In my spirit and know that I have to rely upon You to get through a day,
I count on You at every turn to give me the right words to say,
That will warn, remind, teach, encourage and point others Your Way.
Now, not knowing which way to turn for myself, I look to You to show,
Me how not to become so drained that I forget I must get refueled to know
That I can continue upon this path, into Your Word, and sharing You
Without caving to public opinion and political correctness or even thinking
About how others may interpret or misinterpret what is said, but as I lay
In my bed, pouring my soul out to You, I must know that what I do, matters,
If only to You. So, Lord this day, with Your permission, I take leave to fuel
My soul and put myself in position to hear You clearly without the noise of chatter
From people who do not understand that You are God and not a man
That should lie or keep us in the dark, not knowing what to do,
When in reality, all we have we can count on, is You.
Hear my prayer O Lord, give me strength to stay in the fight against
Injustice, Bigotry, Hate and Sin and with You on my side, I know, We win!
Thank You for listening to my heart, with these words before I depart--Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment