Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Love, Obey, See Him!

"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them. Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them” (John 14:22,23 NIV).

The manifestation of God's love towards us--coming down in the likeness of flesh in the person of Jesus Christ to save us from ourselves as demonstrated by the work on the cross.

The manifestation of our love towards God--keeping His commandments--loving Him and others as demonstrated by our actions towards Him and others.

The manifestation of unbelief--denial of God's existence, the work on the cross and God's love for others as demonstrated by those who denigrate and undermine those who believe.

At the end of this journey called life--we must all--believer and unbelieving--give an account for what we have done. God is not accountable to us--we are accountable to Him. As a believer and child of the most High, the only words I plan to hear from my Father are, "Well done, my child!"

What will you hear?

When we love God, we see His love manifested in what we do for others and in our obedience to Him.

Lord Jesus, help our unbelief so we may see You and the manifestations of Your goodness in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment