Sunday, April 13, 2014

This Too Shall Pass!

The last 24 hours have been grueling and challenging. I'm sure you all know the feeling--the day when Murphy's Law reigns.

I had just completed a story for a competition and in my excitement--forgot to save the revised draft (I have the original), and in the process of exiting the program, lost the entire Office 2013 program. I mean it literally disappeared--and could not be found on my computer anywhere. I checked installed programs--gone; I restored system, twice--nothing. I even restored items sitting in my recycle bin--nothing could be found.

Eventually, I contacted Microsoft and after 7 1/2 hours today, was finally able to resume use of my Office documents. The technician had to do quite a bit--uninstall and re-install the program from their side, scan the computer for threats and found 696 of them, clean up the mess and then run diagnostics to make sure everything was running right. I did not get a chance to do much of what I needed to do, but I did get a chance to do some other things while waiting for the process to run its course. And you know, it's all good!

So, I missed posting early, but I did not forget anyone.  Be encouraged! And when you have one of those days, like I just had, remember--this too shall pass; especially when we know that no weapon formed against us will ever prosper! With Jesus on our side--things will work out right!

No comments:

Post a Comment