Saturday, June 14, 2014

Copycat!

They say imitation is the highest (or most sincere) form of flattery--here we can see how that might work in the spiritual realm as well as the natural. Paul is saying--be a copycat of me (as I follow Christ--follow me)!

Whatever you learned from me--teach it.
Whatever you received from me--give it.
Whatever you heard from me--say it.
Whatever you saw in me--do it.

What did we learn from Paul? Everything he said in his letters to the church in Rome, Corinth, Philippi, Galatia, Thessalonica, Ephesus,Colosse, to Timothy, Titus, and Philemon. Are we teaching what we learned from Paul or have we created a new "religion and philosophy" and teach--that we did not learn from Paul.

What did we receive from Paul? Did we take what he said to heart or did we pick and choose what we wanted and decided to share that with others?

What did we hear from Paul? Did we hear him tell us to hate and cause divisions in the Body of Christ?

What did we see Paul do (spiritually--since we were not there) or better yet--what did those who were with him see? Did they see him despondent, and depressed, regretful, and morose? Did we see him giving of himself for the glorious Gospel for the sake of souls that could be lost or did he do what he did to build a name for himself? Was he concerned about titles or outdoing others in ministry?

If we are not experiencing the "peace of God" that he promises, perhaps it is because we do not know how to be a copycat.

When we follow instructions as they are laid out before us and demonstrated--we should all get the same results.

I'm learning to be a copycat--and staying in The Word to make sure I'm getting it right. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment