Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Do It Today!

"but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin" (Hebrews 3:13 NKJV).

Since none of us knows when a day will be our last, we must use every opportunity we have to--exhort--caution, advise, with an urgency that will resonates in the hearts of all who either hear what we say or see what we say. There is no better time than now--today--to encourage all to come to know the Risen Savior for themselves.

"It's not my mother, not my brother, but it's me O Lord, standing in the need of prayer"

"Not my sister, not my daddy, not my uncles or my aunties, not my grandmas or my grandpas, not my friends or my enemies, but it's me standing in the need of prayer--for salvation and courage to share the Good News!"

The first quoted line is from a song, sung by many from a long time ago.

The second quoted line is an addition--by me--to express the urgency in our message. While we do what we can to share the Gospel, we must always be mindful, that we also need prayer--to stay in relationship with God because this journey is not so easy that we cannot be tempted to fall back and away from all He has taught us.  And we need the encouragement of others to keep going--prayer for courage to continue no matter what happens. Those of us who know The Lord, are not exempt from the enemy's attacks; indeed we are the target of his attacks so we need much prayer--from ourselves, for ourselves and from others who love The Lord.

No one said this journey would be a bed of roses--and if anyone believed that it would be--they forgot that roses come with thorns.

Sometimes the walk with Christ can be rockier than a roller-coaster in an amusement park and there is nothing amusing about it. Sometimes, the walk can be more slippery than a muddy mountain climb, with nothing to hold onto but our faith. Sometimes, the journey has more chaos than a violent storm, but in the midst of the storm, we have the power to speak peace and journey on.

Today--yes, today--make sure you share the Good News with all you know and even those you don't! Today, may the be last chance they will have to hear, believe, and accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Let's get it done, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment