Saturday, February 21, 2015

Alive When Dead!

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved." (Ephesians 2:4,5 NIV)

People have written books about the walking dead, made movies about the walking dead, the zombies who were dead brought back to life, the vampires who were immortalized though dead, and yet all these created terror in the hearts of those who knew they were dead.

When we were the walking dead because of our sins due to lack of knowledge, God's love for us was so great, that He came and took upon Himself our spiritually dead lives and quickened us to become alive--not as a terror to people, but as a testimony of His grace and mercy. What a difference!

Most Believers should be able to make a distinction in their lives between what their lives were like Before Christ and what their lives are like After Christ. I call this my--BC time and my AC time. In my BC time, I thought I was living--doing what I wanted to do, without much regard or consideration to others--especially those who attempted to tell me anything about The Word. However, when I reached the bottom of the pit (my Damascus Road), and could no longer enjoy the simple things I loved to do--buying new books, I had no other book in my house but the Bible and my love of reading motivated me to read it, not a great desire to understand it was God's Word.

I read on the bus going to work, during my breaks, on the way home and at home during my leisure time. The more I read, the more I felt something changing in my life. The more I felt the change, the more I wanted to change, until eventually, I reached the stage of my life where God could speak to my heart and I heard and understood and obeyed. Hallelujah! I had no idea that I had been the walking dead until I understood the life that God wanted me to live!

While I understand the reticence that some may have in accepting The Bible as God's Word, I encourage all to re-think where their lives are and know that if there is even the slightest possibility that "you are the walking dead" because of a life lived in opposition to God, get into His Word and enjoy the newness of life that He has planned.

There is nothing like knowing "the better life" that God has for us. Know that provision has been made for us to be "alive when dead" with Christ Jesus because of God's mercy and grace and now is the time for us to receive it and be glad!

I am so thankful for the BC time because it gives me greater appreciation for my AC time--living life with Christ in the midst is so much better than living without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment