Friday, February 27, 2015

On Whom I Will!

"And the LORD said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." (Exodus 33:19 NIV)

I love the fact that I am not God! And what's even greater--you are not God! God says, He will cause of His goodness to pass in front of us, He will have mercy on whom He will, and compassion upon whom He will--not as we decide out of our own superiority complexes and arrogance. There, I said it--we don't get to decide what God wants for others--He does!

What's great about God's mercy and compassion--shown to whoever He chooses--is His non-discriminatory practice for all who are obedient to Him. God doesn't care what our ethnicity is, our skin color, our religious practices, our economic status, our educational level or to whom we're related--unlike some of us. We tend to think that because we belong to a specific denomination or practice a specific form of religion that we're the only ones who have a right to access heaven. Wrong!

The only way anyone gets to God into heaven is through acceptance of Jesus Christ and the work on the cross. That's it! "No man comes to the father except through the son." There are no other qualifiers to get into heaven than this.

So, when we--us, mere mortals--attempt to be play God and try to beat people over the head with our beliefs--we're wasting our time. If we're not saying what God says, we do err.

Going to church doesn't get a person into heaven--but it's okay to go.
Tithing doesn't get a person into heaven--but it's a good thing to do.
Being baptized doesn't get a person into heaven--but it's okay.
Speaking in tongues doesn't get a person into heaven--but it's gift from God to use as we will.

We don't even have the right to "call people" into ministry, but some try and make messes of the person's life and those they attempt to minister to.

God is God--and He can choose whom He will, to do whatever it is He wants them to do--and He doesn't need our permission or approval. So, we with our limited knowledge of anything need to stop saying who God will use based on our limited understanding of who God is. He's God--He knows more than any of us will ever know and He knows the outcome of what He wants before anything is ever started!

Okay, now aren't you glad I'm not God? I am! If I was God, the world would be in a bigger mess than it is, because quite frankly, I rid the world of all who hate and create evil and chaos without any consideration of mercy and compassion. And if the truth was told, you would do the same thing. Thank goodness He's God and we're not. At least now, we all have a chance to get things right before Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment