Friday, February 6, 2015

How We Do It!

"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land."(Psalm 37:3-5, 7,9 NIV)

There are a number of people who have many questions about a Believer's faith and why or how we do what we do. The answer for those who truly have a relationship with God is in The Word. This particular Psalm is one of my favorites and I recite and meditate on it to remind me how I know my Father determines when I please Him.

First of all, I must trust Him to do all He says He will do. God is not a man that He should lie, so I can place my total confidence in Him, even when I don't understand everything He asks me to do. I just do it. Writing this blog every day is in part out of obedience to Him. I don't know why He wants me to do it, I just do.

Making a conscious decision to allow God to direct our paths is only possible when we trust Him. He created the universe and set all things in motion so I know He has a plan to get me where He wants me to be--I just have to follow Him.

With everything I do, I think about whether or not God will be pleased. Not that I'm perfect, but when I do things that line up with the Word, I can't go wrong. When He is pleased with what I do--by faith, I know He'll give me the desires of my heart because His Word is true. Without faith, it is impossible to please Him.

As impatient as some of us are, we must learn to rest in Him, knowing He never tires or sleeps, but is always keeping watch over us and His plans for us. We must learn to expect the fulfilled promises in His timing, not ours. We simply praise and worship Him, while patiently waiting and when we least expect it--He'll show up and show out! That's how my Daddy does it! Hallelujah!

We acknowledge the evil in the land, know how to identify the spirit behind it, and know how not to be influenced by it, by submitting to God and watching the devil flee. We should never be concerned about the success of those who are duped by Satan, for their success will not last and we'll be standing by watching their fall. We can pray for God's mercy to embrace them and for them to repent, but what they get out of life--is completely up to them. We can either do things God's Way or our way--influenced by an enemy who hates us and God.

I've learned that there is nothing like pleasing God and reaping the rewards for being obedient. That's how we do it--by learning to trust and please Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment