Saturday, May 14, 2016

Enduring Until The End!

But the one who endures to the end will be saved. Matthew 24:13 ESV
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.  I Corinthians 9:24,25 NIV
Today, I'm participating in a walk-a-thon to raise money for band camp for our students' Marching Band and it appears that we'll be walking in the rain on a cooler morning than we saw yesterday. I will dress to meet the test!.

To get ready for this event, I've been working out to a song for 20 minutes every morning and walking when weather permits. I can normally work a mile in under 20 minutes and recently have walked 2 and half miles in 40 minutes. Today, the goal is to walk 5 miles and I have at least two hours to get it done.

I wonder, if we knew how much time we had left to get living right for God, what we would do. Would we practice living right or just think by some "magical event" it would just happen?

Living right for God according to His Word is a daily exercise--physically and spiritually and the best time to start is early morning--to set the pace for the day. Get into His Word, meditate upon His Word, and then practice what you have read with all you meet and greet throughout the day. Living right for God is not going to just happen--like anything else that we value--we must practice. Exercise faith in the moment every day and watch how God will work in your lives.

Only those who endure--keeping the faith and exercising the Word--will be saved and in my case today--if I endure to the end of the time allotted--I shall reach my goal and will have earned enough from pledges to support two students for band camp.

Our God is awesome and at my age--I need His awesomeness to strengthen me at the turn of every lap until I complete my 20 laps.  Thank You, Lord for power from within and without to achieve-to Your glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment