Sunday, May 15, 2016

His Faithfulness and Our Determination!


Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the LORD. Psalm 31:23 NKJV
Instead of being fearful, we need to be wise and courageous, knowing our God is faithful to all who love Him.

This applies to anything we do--whether in the church or anywhere else--we must know--not believe--we serve a faithful God. And when we know, we can proceed with courage to do all we need to do--knowing we will accomplish the goal.

Yesterday, as I was walking around our high school track, in the midst of a sprinkle, strong winds, and chilly temperatures, I thanked God for being faithful to us. Though the sprinkles continued, I said to Him, "Daddy, I know You love me and I thank You for moving the clouds and warming our bodies as we do this for the kids."

Within minutes, the sprinkles stopped and before long, the clouds moved and the sun shone brightly and more kids came out to participate. Although the temperature rose slightly, so did the wind, but through it all--we were determined and we stayed the course. My personal goal was to walk 20 laps (5 miles) and I walked 26 laps (6.5 miles), not because of who I am, but because of Whose I am. His faithfulness and my determination made it all possible.

God's faithfulness to us--His children--is never-ending, but what makes the difference between our experiencing victory or defeat is a matter of our own determination. It is our determination that wavers--not God's faithfulness. So if we want to see victory--in all areas of our lives--let's work on our determination to endure until the end--because His faithfulness--never wavers.

Be courageous and brave and determined in all you do and His faithfulness will bring it to pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment