Thursday, May 26, 2016

We Will Not Fear Mere Mortals!

Let those who fear the LORD say: “His love endures forever.”When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD; he brought me into a spacious place. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? The LORD is with me; he is my helper. I look in triumph on my enemies. It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in humans.  It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes. Psalm 118:4-9 NIV
Do we have a reverential fear (respect and honor) for the Lord? If we do, why do we concern ourselves--operating in fear--over what men might do?

In spite of all the dire predictions associated with--everything--our economy, climate change, global threats from terrorists, and our nightmarish presidential campaigns, we can--if we know The Lord--be at peace!

When the psalmist understood that nothing a mere mortal did compared with what The Lord will do, he made a decision and proclaimed, "The Lord is with me and He is my helper!"

Do we dare proclaim the same? We do when we know it's true. The Lord is with us and He is our helper. The Lord, our God, who created all that was ever created is the same and He is our provider. The Lord will not abandon us nor leave us without a way of escape from evil. The Lord will take care of those who obey Him!

I don't know about you, but right now, I'm proclaiming I have no reason to fear what foolish mortals may do. I am surrounded by angels assigned to me and nothing the enemy has planned will come to light. No weapon formed against me shall prosper and includes any attempts by the enemy to influence negative thinking about any circumstance that arises in my life. I am proclaiming that with
The Lord going before me (daily) He is more than enough to protect me from anyone or anything.

What about you? Is your faith sustained in the One who can do all things well and cannot fail?

If our faith--relentless and steadfast--is in Jesus--we have no need to fear mere mortals who are like us--imperfect in all their ways and put on their pants--one leg at a time.

Jesus is the way, the light and the truth and no mere mortal can ever compare to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment