Thursday, August 14, 2014

Those Who Know-Listen!

"But we belong to God, and those who know God listen to us. If they do not belong to God, they do not listen to us. That is how we know if someone has the Spirit of truth or the spirit of deception."

During my attendance at band-camp this week, I've learned that those who actually have a relationship with God live according to His principles. Those who know about God, live according to their own. When talking to people who actually listen to what is said, we intuitively know which is which.

I don't understand how some people can proclaim a belief in God and yet--never read a bible and certainly have no clue as to how He wants us to live. How does one proclaim belief in anything and yet deny the principles therein?

I am yet incensed over the practice of "practical jokes" initiated by senior members of a high school band and approved by the band director, and accepted by other parents; especially when it involves the chaperones. But then, I've never liked "humiliating other people as an initiation right" or "rite of passage" activity. This is why I have never pledged a sorority, would never encourage anyone to do so, and really hate it when people think making others look foolish is funny!

There must be something intrinsically wrong with people who think humiliating others is a rational activity of a sane person!

But when I tried to get some understanding of this ludicrous practice--no one could give me a rationale for it. The only answer I got was--it's tradition. What is the point of a tradition that people do not understand it's origin or what purpose it serves?

These same people--who claimed to know God--did not want to hear what was being said--because in their minds--the seniors had a "right to prank the other band members."

When truth is spoken--in any arena--those who know and understand respond accordingly--demonstrating who it is they serve. Creating chaos and confusion is the devil's arena, so---the pranks are a demonstration of his influence,  and it's not just in having fun at the expense of others.

Okay, so now I know who I'm dealing with and I have to make a decision--whether to protest the practice of practical jokes that could traumatize unsuspecting students, for life, when they are at band-camp or just let it be.

Lord, I want to do what You want me to do, so speak to my heart right now! Let me know what You would have me to say and do so You and You alone get the glory for any changes that need to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment