Monday, August 25, 2014

When He Returns!

"Let the one who is doing harm continue to do harm; let the one who is vile continue to be vile; let the one who is righteous continue to live righteously; let the one who is holy continue to be holy.” “Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds." (Revelation 22:11,12 NLT)

Although many people are fearful of the message found in John's message about what was revealed to him, we all need to take note and heed what he says.

In verse 10, the angel speaking to John and giving him instruction warned him not to "seal the prophetic words written in this book for the time is near when Jesus will return." Now, looking at what is said--"let them continue..." we see the warning that for those who are doing wrong--they will get their just reward and for those who are doing what is right--they will also get their just reward.  But we must understand, that God does not think people cannot change, but if we continue doing wrong until the time He returns after hearing the Truth, we have no hope for heaven.

I certainly do not consider myself to be a doomsday preacher, but I caution everyone who reads and knows the truth--to pay attention to the signs of the time. There is so much hatred in the land that defies the love of God that it is hard to imagine He will not do something drastic soon. We cannot claim to love God and hate people! We can claim to abhor wrong-doing and share the Good News with others in order to see them have an opportunity to get living right for God before He returns, if they refuse to listen--their blood is on their hands, not ours. But if we don't warn them, then their blood is on our hands.

I refuse to be caught not having done what I was instructed to do when He returns. So whether people want to hear or not--I preach the Gospel. Whether they want to read it or not--I'll continue to write commentaries on The Word with the goal of seeing all people loving God and reserving their place in heaven. When He returns--I will have no fear of what my reward will be, but a longing to receive it--my just reward for my deeds. This is not to say that I'm perfect, but I try always to live according to those things He has spoken to my heart and are aligned with His Word.

When He returns--what will your reward be?

No comments:

Post a Comment