Saturday, September 26, 2015

Come and See His Great Works!

"Shout for joy to God, all the earth! Sing the glory of His name; make His praise glorious. Say to God, "How awesome are Your deeds! So great is Your power that Your enemies cringe before You. All the earth bows down to You; they sing praise to You, they sing the praises of Your name. Come and see what God has done, His awesome deeds for mankind!" (Psalm 66: 1-5 NIV)

After a sea-tossed night, twisting and turning in bed, trying to remember if everything has been done to assure a successful day, I woke--remembering those things I forgot to do and now must find a way to do before the first session begins. And before I could panic, I remember hearing God say before I fell asleep--"I've got this!"

I had been telling people all week, "God's got this" no matter what happens--what people do or don't do. So, His reminder again this morning set me straight and got me going--energized and ready for the day--so I can say, "Come and See His Great Works!"

Because of vandalism to one of our banners, I now have to "re-do" some work, but I will and it will all work together--for the good of the event that raises funds to support our band.

This week has not just been about preparation for our fundraiser, but the experience has taught me lessons--life lessons--that I won't quickly forget.

Trust God--not people for people will let you down.

Prepare for the worst, but always expect the best--when we belong to Him--His best is always better than our best.

Stay focused on what He can do, not yourself--no matter how much we know, our knowledge is limited, while His is infinite.

Start early--doing whatever needs to be done--from the planning to the preparation to the actual doing. Late starts result in confusion and something being left undone.

Give thanks and sing His praises no matter what happens.

Breathe--deeply--and know that He who created our very beings, knows how to settle us and calm us before the enemy has time to plant his seeds of doubt.

Know that God loves us and His love will sustain us when we remember that all we do--is all about Him and bringing Him glory, not ourselves.

This list could go on--but I'm getting an early start for final checks and getting ready to see what Great Works He does throughout this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment