Tuesday, September 15, 2015

O Give Thanks!

"Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; Talk of all His wondrous works!" (Psalm 105:1,2 NKJV)

Sometimes, just because we cannot see all that God is doing, we tend to get frustrated and discouraged and forget all the good things He has done. What He has done before, He'll do again and again and again. We don't have to see what He's doing, we just have to believe that He is doing. And with that thought, I have a praise report!

My grandson is in his high school band and I'm a member of the Band Boosters organization--we have to raise money to supplement the band's needs which are not covered by the school's budget. Every year, for the past twenty years (this will be year twenty-one), the Band Boosters hosts a Band-O-Rama--a performance by a number of area bands who are using this event as a "dress rehearsal" of sorts for the Band Festival where the bands will be ranked by a panel of judges.

Because of on-going conflict between the out-going president (when they lost the election) and the newly-elected executive board, things had not been shaping up well. Some of the schools we invited, were turning us down for various reasons, but Holy Spirit revealed that they were not pleased with how they were treated last year. This year, I'm chairing this enormous event and discouragement keeps trying to seep in and get in my way, but I know the power of prayer and I believe that my Daddy loves me so much, that He'll never let me down.

Instead of moping about what is not being done, I just jumped in and started doing whatever I could to make things work. We knew we were running a risk--financially--but we're determined to move forward. Did I mention that I'm also the new treasurer? I'm looking at the dollars and cents dwindle as I write checks and "I don't see" how we're going to make it happen--a positive memorable event, but I didn't see God working until yesterday.

After a meeting with the food service director seeking their assistance, I went home, determined to keep a stiff upper lip. About five minutes after I got home, I received a phone call from the director and what he tells me leaves me speechless. His boss had decided that not only would they donate items they had given in the past, but the school district had decided to pick up the tab for the items we had purchased from them. I could hardly believe it! This meant a considerable savings to us with our food concession.

I love to praise God and give Him glory for all He does and I did. By the time I got off phone, the director was laughing and calling me "crazy lady." Yes, Lord, I'm crazy about my Daddy and how good He is! Hallelujah! I quickly emailed the executive board and the band director to let them know and I have a "bear hug" reserved for the business manager.

Glory to God! O give thanks! Wonderful Savior! He is good all the time and all the time, He's God--all by Himself!

Not to be greedy, we still need donations of a few more items--a couple of tents and a cot, but I'm sure God will provide and as I lay in my bed this morning, thinking of His goodness and thanking Him for speaking to the hearts of people who can help, tears rolled--the magnitude of His love--is always amazing and fills my heart with joy!

O Give Thanks to The Lord For All He Has Done--for the victories He's already won!

Just in case you're interested, this year's Band-O-Rama is Saturday, September 26, 2015 at the Harper Woods High School Football Field in Michigan. If you live in the area, please join us for this all day event and if you don't, please keeping thanking God for the success of the event so we can continue to support our high school band.

No comments:

Post a Comment