Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Joy With The Lord!

I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay. You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalm 16:8-11 NIV)
 Though the mountains shake and the earth opens and water covers the land, I will fear no evil for the joy of The Lord is my strength. And with Him, my joy is complete--no devil in hell or demonic spirits on earth, can move from being with my Lord, Jesus Christ or obeying His Word!

This is my confession today and shall be embedded in my heart for the rest of my life. And if by chance I should happen to forget it, I'm creating a poster--declaring the same for I will not allow the fickleness of people to persuade me to do anything that God has not already shown me.

David was singing His declaration in the segment of the Psalms noted and throughout all he wrote; he knew that in order to keep negative thoughts at bay, he had to keep the joy of the Lord before Him. All of the Psalms are a message in themselves, messages we can apply to our daily lives and when the naysayers, doubters and unbelievers attempt to discourage us--we have a song to sing and declaration to make--Our God is more than enough--to see us through whatever comes our way.

Though some of us may not be able to carry a tune or sound much better than a croaking frog, we can all sing His praises and make our own declarations--expressing our love and trust in Him--for all the world to know. When we learn to become as bold as the enemy, we will discover the power within us--driven by Holy Spirit--can change the very atmosphere in which we exist--from the lowest to the highest--level or station in life, every Believer must know that within us--we can change the World--if we simply keep our eyes on Jesus and never allow the trials and challenges of the world to burden us so that we forget, who we are and who we have in Him.

Now--it's time to open our hearts to Him--allowing Him to give us a song--inspiring us to greatness by doing great things, trusting Him to provide all our needs, while we take care of others. Hallelujah! Speak Lord, for Your servants are listening, ready to obey!

No comments:

Post a Comment