Thursday, October 20, 2016

Three Days Later!

About that time Hezekiah became deathly ill, and the prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to visit him. He gave the king this message: “This is what the LORD says: Set your affairs in order, for you are going to die. You will not recover from this illness.” When Hezekiah heard this, he turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, “Remember, O LORD, how I have always been faithful to you and have served you single-mindedly, always doing what pleases you.” Then he broke down and wept bitterly. But before Isaiah had left the middle courtyard,[fn] this message came to him from the LORD: “Go back to Hezekiah, the leader of my people. Tell him, ‘This is what the LORD, the God of your ancestor David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears. I will heal you, and three days from now you will get out of bed and go to the Temple of the LORD. I will add fifteen years to your life, and I will rescue you and this city from the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my own honor and for the sake of my servant David.’” 2 Kings 20:1-6 NLT
For those of us who know how The Lord does things, we know that nothing that ever happens is a surprise to Him and we also know, that if we seek Him, he will alert us to those things to come. That's Holy Spirit's job--to remind us of all we have been taught to show us things to come.

God has alerted all those who are truly watchmen--those who stand ready to sound the alarm for the benefit of the people and the alarm has been sounded, but not many are willing to hear and respond because--they're not the ones sounding it.

Today, is a good day to meditate on God's Word--seeking a better understanding of His character, and determining to make a change in our own. If we are willing to seek God and Him alone--not the news outlets or radio talk shows--God can and will reveal to us those things to come and how we should conduct ourselves--as ambassadors of Jesus Christ.

And in three days--God will do as He has done before--establish a sure path for us all to see His miracles--changed hearts, changed behaviors, and changed mindsets--determined to serve Him.

I'll return to my regular blogging in three days and I pray, while I'm praying for a miracle, that whoever reads this, will also pray for me--to act upon the courage I know God will instill in me to do as He says to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment