Saturday, July 26, 2014

A New Song!

"Praise the LORD! Sing to the LORD a new song. Sing his praises in the assembly of the faithful" (Psalm 149:1 NLT).

While the older songs--written out of experience, torment, and hope--are good, every day we live, in our right minds and have use of our limbs, should ignite in us a new song of praise for all He is doing in our lives!

So today, this is my new song:

Oh Lord, how I love that You love me,
Giving me chance after chance to live right before You,
Reminding me of Your Word throughout the day,
Never allowing me to forget--that my life--is all about You!
When I woke, wracked with pain, You spoke to my heart,
And I heard You say, "Relax, I'm right here."
When I thought I saw death coming for me,
I heard You say, "Not yet--you have much to do."
So, now Lord, I praise You, for Your love,
I praise You for Your mercy and grace,
I praise You just because You're You
And I'll praise You, all the days of my life,
Just because of who You are!

Lord, I pray this song of praise is acceptable to You and that You will receive it as a living testimony of what is in my heart as I strive to live for You and honor You in all that I do. In Jesus' name, I pray and thank You for all You are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment