Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Just Curious!

If The Word tells us "we can" do all things through Christ who strengthens us, why is it that many have become so comfortable with, "I can't" that they don't even try?

Either God is lying or those who say, "I can't" are lying. I'm willing to stake my life on the fact that God is not lying, but people are lazy and complacent. Or they do not know how to say, "I don't know how" or "I don't do things as well as.." or "I simply do things differently."

Can't--the four letter word that keeps people from trying has become an excuse for Christians who say, "I can," but never try and then their voice echoes with, "I can'ts' for others to pick up the rhythm and sing the chorus,

"I can't, I can't, I can't
Even though God says I can,
With all my aches and pains,
I'll take my ill-informed stand
Allowing the enemy's lies to reign,
I can't, I can't, I can't."

Okay, I think the point has been made. I don't know how to drive a stick-shift well, but you won't hear me say, I can't. My artwork consists of mostly stick-people, but you won't hear me say, I can't draw. There are so many things that I probably don't know how to do, but you won't hear me say, I can't--if I've never tried, I don't know what I can do in my own power, but with Him, "I can do all things" to His glory!

Just Curious--what are your thoughts?

**Physical incapacity--must include the inability to sit on your own or the inability to stand on your own. If you can do these two things, there are many things "you can do" without thinking about, "I can't."***

No comments:

Post a Comment