Monday, December 14, 2015

Twelve Days of Kindness--Day 2!

Praise the LORD, all you Gentiles!
Laud Him, all you peoples!

For His merciful kindness is great toward us,
And the truth of the LORDendures forever.

Praise the LORD!
There is a theory about developing good habits--if a person does something 21 times, consistently--the habit is established. Therefore, I pray that extending acts of kindness will be deeply embedded in our hearts since we will have extended an act of kindness 78 times by December 25, 2015.

Yesterday was a good day. Greeting workers at Kroger and seeing them smile made my day and so it was an exchange of kindness that fit the challenge. I also made a phone call to someone I had not spoken to in almost a year. We talked long enough to drain batteries on cell phones. What a wonderful way to end the evening.

Today, I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do to put a smile on at least two faces, if not more. I'm loving the deliberate search for an opportunity to show kindness and so far, it has cost me nothing, but a smile and kind words.

No comments:

Post a Comment