Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Twelve Days of Kindness--Day 3!

Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort,
According to Your word to Your servant. Psalm 119:76 NKJV
How many of us pray for the comfort of others? We pray for those things we want, but do we spend time praying for others--that all their needs are met?

There are some people who lack having basic needs met--adequate shelter, food, clothing and there is little evidence of being loved by others. Although we may not be able to house, feed, or clothe people (we can donate to those who do), we can let people know they are loved and it only cost time and effort.

Before I left the house yesterday, I was praying for a way to show an act of kindness and this is the message revealed to me: "If you want to see what love looks like, just look in the mirror. Have a wonderful day!" I created a golden heart from the shapes file in Word and included this message, printed it and gave to two people in the course of my day. I loved seeing the smiles.

Today, I'll continue to share the message with three more people. I don't know who they will be, but I'm sure someone will cross my path and Holy Spirit will speak to me.
I hope you're loving the responses you're getting from your acts of kindness. It doesn't take a lot of money to be kind--just thoughtfulness. 

Have a wonderful day sharing kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment