Friday, January 6, 2017

30 Days of Prayer and Praise--26!

I will sing of your love and justice; to you, LORD, I will sing praise. I will be careful to lead a blameless life— when will you come to me? I will conduct the affairs of my house with a blameless heart. I will not look with approval on anything that is vile. I hate what faithless people do; I will have no part in it.The perverse of heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with what is evilWhoever slanders their neighbor in secret, I will put to silence; whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, I will not tolerate. My eyes will be on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me; the one whose walk is blameless will minister to me. No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence. Every morning I will put to silence all the wicked in the land; I will cut off every evildoer from the city of the LORD. Psalm 101 NIV
Day 26

Lord Jesus,

Once again, we come to You, humbled by Your Word--realizing that every situation in life that we could possibly experience, You have already addressed.

Even now, with all the evil afoot and the plots and plans to dehumanize the poor and needy and women across this nation, we know that You have a plan for all involved in the wickedness.

Lord, thank You for surrounding us with like-minded people who will obey and silence the evil ones, reminding them on a constant basis of Your Word--especially those who proclaim to know You, but by their actions, we know they do not.

Continue to strengthen our resolve to see justice for all and for giving us the wisdom to engage lawmakers in the fight for what is right. Remind them O, Lord--that in the end, they must still stand before You and Your judgment against them will be as swift as their judgment against those whose voices they refuse to hear and acknowledge.

Thank You, Lord for those who are willing to speak up on behalf of those who are fearful, giving us the courage to say what must be said, calling out lies and liars, evil and truth, without risking our place in heaven.

And on this day, we thank You for being in the chambers of Congress--speaking to the hearts of every person elected to serve the needs of the people, not a party agenda, and bringing them into the light of truth, according to Your Word, not the dictates of man.

You are indeed a mighty God, awesome in power and magnanimous in justice and all Your judgments are just! We praise You for Your might acts of redemption and snatching from the fire those who are endangered because of following wolves in sheep's clothing. Thank You for exposing for all the world to see--how much darkness resides in the hearts of those who embrace the idea of power, but have no knowledge of how to use it--effectively and with equity for all.

We know, O God, that our work is not in vain and that we are simply the instruments being used to effect Your goals in the land. Thank You for finding us worthy to be used by You.

In Jesus' name we pray and thank You, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment