Sunday, January 22, 2017

Where Our Confidence Should Be!

Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint. Proverbs 25:19 KJV
Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever.I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.  Psalm 118:4-9 KJV
No matter what happens for the balance of this day, the year or my life, I know in whom I can trust and my complete confidence is in God--who knows the end from the beginning.

Though my confidence is in Him, I know that nothing worthwhile happens without active engagement. Therefore, I will be actively engaged in fighting injustice while I yet have the ability to breathe on my own and use my fingers to encourage others to stay in the battle until victory is won.

This was the attitude of the colonists who fought to get out from British rule and won forming the United States of America. These same Americans--those who resisted oppressive rule and domination--made provision for all who followed them to do the same--without reprisal from authoritarian leaders.

This is America--this is not a communist region under the thumb of a dictator and we will not be dominated by an ego-driven maniac who lacks self-discipline, wisdom and knowledge.

Every battle for justice has been won because people stood up and actively engaged in the process--for the Suffragettes, for Civil Rights, for Women's Rights, to protest Viet Nam involvement and for so many other matters--we stand up and speak up when we see our rights being trampled upon by those who would attempt to rule by bullying tactics. 

Silence implies consent in matters where people submit and cave to the dictates of others. Resistors are always the group of people who make change happen--we will not be silent and we will not stop standing, speaking up, marching, and writing opinions--expressing truths and giving voice to those who think they are not heard.

We will maintain our stance  like Noah who was mocked for building an ark and talking about rain; like Moses in the presence in the Pharaoh; like David standing against Goliath; like Job who refused to listen to his friends; like John the Baptist crying in the wilderness; like Jesus who knew what He had to do to save mankind, like Paul who though once an enemy to those "in the way" became a lion in promoting "the way."

We will not be silent so don't expect us to be quiet in the face of danger from a megalomaniac who does not know how to think and whose handlers are afraid to tell him the truth. 

The real impediment to peace in this country are those who think in boxes and never see the bigger picture. For one or two agendas, they promoted a pathological liar as God's choice for president. They overlooked the welfare of all Americans to appease the few. And now, the welfare--of all is in jeopardy--the sticky wickedness held in the web of deceit.

But my God--the creator of all things and without whom nothing was ever created--is faithful and just and it is in Him, my faith and confidence will continue--in spite of having a clown in the White House whose only concern is what appeases his ego and those who stroke it.

Lord, thank You for giving us the courage and strength to stand and remain standing against the wiles of the enemy, being a voice for those without a voice, resisting the evil that tries to encompass and rule us. We praise You for all Your mighty acts and for victory in all things that honor You. In Jesus' name I pray and thank You, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment