Friday, April 21, 2017

And The Question Is...?

Jesus entered the temple courts, and, while he was teaching, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to him. “By what authority are you doing these things?” they asked. “And who gave you this authority?” Jesus replied, “I will also ask you one question. If you answer me, I will tell you by what authority I am doing these things. John’s baptism—where did it come from? Was it from heaven, or of human origin?” They discussed it among themselves and said, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will ask, ‘Then why didn’t you believe him?’ But if we say, ‘Of human origin’—we are afraid of the people, for they all hold that John was a prophet.” So they answered Jesus, “We don’t know.” Then he said, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things.  Matthew 21:23-27 NIV
Funny, how people can always question what a person is doing or has decided to do when they don't have any answers for what they do. Jesus proved that to the Pharisees and it's being proven on a regular basis when people raise questions for which they do not have an answer.

So, the question is...for my intent to make a run for president is why? What makes me think people will support my run? And my question is...considering the current climate in Washington, why wouldn't people support me?

Here's the thing--I can list my qualifications until the cows come home and that still wouldn't convince some. So, I'll just wait until the decision has been made--past the "testing the waters" stage to really bring it home. For now--the simplest answer is--I'm more qualified to be president than the current person in the White House.

He has questionable wealth and Russian ties and greed for money and power.

I have integrity, intelligence, wisdom, and compassion. I am mentally stable and secure in who I am and have no need to compare my accomplishments to a predecessor--on any level. My only interest in wanting to be president is MASA--Make American Safe Again for all Americans--not just some.

I want to make education in this country something we call be proud of and other countries will envy.

I want to make healthcare--accessible and affordable for all through a single-payer plan that would rival most European plans.

I want to make Senior Citizen secure in their retirement years so they won't have to worry about their survival.

I want to make the criminal justice system fair and equitable where every crime deserves the same penalty--and no special consideration is given to those simply because they have more money than others.

I want to make dreams coming true possible for every American who works in this country and contributes their fair share into our tax system.

I want to make sure that every human being in America is treated equally and fairly in the job market and every other venue.

I want to make sure that mothers who have to work can do so without feeling guilty or being overburdened with childcare expenses that makes their working--futile.

I want to make sure those sitting on the benches in our justice system will make decisions based upon the laws and not political biases.

I want to create an environment in which all people can come together and plot a path of peace for all nations so we won't have to worry about wars.

I want an opportunity to show the world, not all Americans are bullying idiots and many of us know how to act responsibly, with decorum, tact, and diplomacy, earning back their respect.

Now, the question is...why wouldn't people want to support someone who wants what's best for all Americans rather than 2% of the nation's population?

Everyone has to decide for themselves in every election and I'm not saying, "I'm God's Choice" for anything, but I did pray and seek His direction and I'm acting upon what He's showing me.

I'm not going anywhere and until people show me they won't support me--en masse--I'll continue with plans to make that historical run.

name recognition

No comments:

Post a Comment