Monday, April 24, 2017

Trust!

I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High. My enemies turn back; they stumble and perish before you. For you have upheld my right and my cause, sitting enthroned as the righteous judge. You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked; you have blotted out their name for ever and ever. Endless ruin has overtaken my enemies, you have uprooted their cities; even the memory of them has perished. The LORD reigns forever; he has established his throne for judgment.  He rules the world in righteousness and judges the peoples with equity. The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. Sing the praises of the LORD, enthroned in Zion; proclaim among the nations what he has done. Psalm 9:1-11 NIV
Trusting in people will ultimately result in a disappointing situation when people have not earned the trust.

We see that on a daily basis--in our personal lives, community and especially in the nation's capitol.
The leadership had done nothing to earn the trust and respect of Americans and still has done nothing to earn the trust and respect of Americans. In fact, there are those who are vastly disappointment with the president who is only concerned with pushing campaign rhetoric and appeasing his base, rather than govern for all America.

Now is not the time to trust a person who thinks bartering healthcare for millions of people for a wall is responsible behavior.

Now is not the time to trust a person who tweets provocation of a crazy man in N. Korea who would love nothing better than to start a nuclear war. The problem of course is once a nuclear war begins, it also signals the end--of all life.

Now is not the time to trust a person who thinks because he has "signed" more Executive Orders than anyone else that it means he has accomplished anything. A caged hamster is constantly moving on their wheel and never getting anywhere.

hamster
We need a leader who understands the art of real negotiation which includes knowing how to compromise--getting the best deal possible for all, not just some!

I'm getting all my ducks in order and trusting God to lead me to the right people so I'll be ready to make that move when the time is right. America needs change--for everyone--and not just the 2% of the population. We need a leader who truly knows God and has a relationship with Him so His wisdom guides--not human instincts (which don't exist) and bullying tactics or corruptive practices.

Am I that person? Only time will tell, but I'm ready to give it a try. While I continue in exploratory mode, I pray that all who are interested in real change will let me know what that change looks like to them. I've expressed what I would like to do, but that means little if what I would like to see doesn't align with what others want to see for this country.

Thanks and look for a link for a survey that should be posted in the coming weeks and pray about your response. We deserve better than what we have.

name recognition

No comments:

Post a Comment