Thursday, April 20, 2017

In Humility!

The path of life leads upward for the prudent to keep them from going down to the realm of the dead. The LORD tears down the house of the proud, but he sets the widow’s boundary stones in place.The LORD detests the thoughts of the wicked, but gracious words are pure in his sight. The greedy bring ruin to their households, but the one who hates bribes will live. The heart of the righteous weighs its answers, but the mouth of the wicked gushes evil.The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous. Light in a messenger’s eyes brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. Whoever heeds life-giving correction will be at home among the wise. Those who disregard discipline despise themselves, but the one who heeds correction gains understanding. Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the LORD, and humility comes before honor. Proverbs 15:24-33 NIV
It is with great humility that I acknowledge the quest I've taken upon myself is going to be the biggest challenge experienced in my life.

Though there are some who may be hesitant to grasp the reality of a potential presidential run by me, others have embraced the idea to the point of being willing to board the bandwagon that as yet, has no wheels. I am thoroughly humbled by their trust and support and candidness.

I remember saying to my walking buddy, that in this place and time (as always with me), I need people to help with my campaign, but I don't want anyone around who is simply going to agree with everything I say. I need people in my life right now who will question everything I do--to ignite critical thinking about everything I say or do. I'm not afraid of correction and when I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

There is much I do not know about undertaking the challenges of a presidential run, but I'm an avid researcher and know how to say, "Uncle" and call upon others who have the knowledge and expertise that I don't. I'm willing to learn and work hard to earn the trust and respect of those who believe in me and to maintain their trust and respect.

One person expressed their concern about me risking trading my faith because of all the unethical behavior associated with politics or compromising my stance with regard to biblical principles that I teach and write about--prolifically. I appreciate her concern and addressed it and she was assured that I would do nothing without putting the issue before The Lord and would obey Him.

Now, I realize that my belief in the Bible and relationship with Jesus Christ may cause some to halt--mid-stream in a desire to support my run and I can certainly understand it. But let me say this much to clear the air before we even start to put those wheels on the bandwagon. I have not changed my views about what God has said and won't change my views about what God has said. I recognize that people--every human being capable of making a logical decision--have a right to do so without my intervention. Though I may not agree with their lifestyle or decisions, none of that will stop me from loving them as a human being and praying for them to receive God's best for their lives.

God is pro-choice (giving us all free-will and not forcing us to do anything) and therefore, I am pro-choice. This does not mean I am pro-abortion, nor does it mean that I or anyone else has a right to tell anyone else what to do with their lives. I believe that every woman has a right to make the best decision she can about her life and I know there are situations in which an abortion is the right choice and the only person who has to live with the choice, is the person making the decision--not me or others.

I cannot see myself--as a Born-Again Believer--attempting to force my views upon others when I don't have to live their life. I am concerned about all life--especially the lives of babies, mothers, children, senior citizens,  and students and know that it is the responsibility of the Believer to take defend the rights of the poor, vulnerable and needy. So while I admit, I do not understand the choices some people make (and I'm sure that's equally true in how others feel about me), I can respect their right to make decisions about their lives. As long as a person's rights don't infringe upon mine or mine infringe upon them--we're good. The wisest people know that whether we agree about anything or not, there are consequences for everything we do that will impact our lives either negatively or positively.

I've also been reminded how the enemy will work overtime in trying to dig up dirt in an effort to create animosity against me. I know what people cannot find to undermine me they will manufacture in an attempt to discredit me. I can't stop them. People can say whatever they want to say and nothing they say defines truth about me or others. Therefore, they can have at it. I do not have to respond to foolishness or stupidity or trumped up allegations about anything and I won't. As I pointed out to a couple of people--my life is "literally" an open book. Anything, anyone wants to know me--good, bad, indifferent--can be found in one of my books or in a blog post and they're all available online. I have nothing to hide.

Knowing the challenges I'll be facing over the coming months will certainly keep me communicating with my Daddy and because He loves me, He'll guide me every step of the way. If by chance I happen to misunderstand something He's telling me, Holy Spirit will be right there to remind me and set me back on track.

Father,
Thank You for wisdom and insight and humility to understand I need You--every hour of every day--I need You. Thank you for loving me, correcting, and my guiding me in all that needs to be done and for sending people in my direction that can and will keep the wheels on the bandwagon turning in the direction in which You would have us to go. Remind me that nothing I do or encourage others to do should be done in an effort to bring glory to anyone other than You.
In Jesus' name I pray and thank You, Amen!

name recognition

No comments:

Post a Comment